Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hay Muchas Cosas (There are many things)

It has been 20 days since the last post. So sorry about that :D. I have been very busy with school the last couple weeks. Here is quick run down of a few major events:

3 weeks ago I was a bit under the weather. I went to the school medico, described all of my symptoms, understood my prescription for antibiotics and cold medicine, and went to the store to pick up my medicines ALL in Espanol. I must say that was pretty good for feeling terrible, but having to keep my composure and not break down - "I just want to speak English and go lay in bed!" Not to mention it was exam week and had to teach in the evenings. But I made it!

2 weeks ago I weighed myself. My friend Vickey and I weigh ourselves once a month to track our weight loss/gain. We both decided to do this because she is on a weight loss quest and has been doing a great job! Also we both live with host families. Just like the freshman 15 (15lbs), it is common that people who live with host families gain weight because the families keep you nice and full, lol. So on March 15th I weighed in at 142.2lbs, which is down from 146.4lbs on February 17th. Not bad for just going to Pilates class 3 days a week!

Last week Maurice came to visit me! We had a great time walking around the centro/downtown and hanging out with friends. On our 1 year and 3rd month-a-versary Maurice decided it would be a great idea to propose to me!!! We were at a sushi restaurant with Alma and Itziar (who knew). After we were done eating he starts to sweet talk me and say he has to get something off of his chest. My brain started putting things together and I just freaked out. He drags me out of our booth and I'm just hysterical and start hugging him. He gets on one knee to ask me to be his wife and I think I said yes before he finished his sentence, lol. So now I am engaged. I feel old for some reason and all grown up, haha. Immediately people asked when the date of the wedding is. I told them I have no idea, I JUST got engaged like 5 hours ago. The wedding will probably be in 2 years or so. We both are going to graduate school this fall and need to follow the plans God has for each of us. So we will have to wait and see :D. Also during the week Maurice was here I had presentations/group projects due and papers so that was a lot as well.
 Prior to the proposal at SushiRoll restaurant in Queretaro
 Me freaking out about Maurice asking me to marry him!

Today we had the second fitness test for Pilates. You have to run 6 laps, do situps for a minute, do pushups for a minute, do a 50m dash, and flexibility test. All of my marks improved from January!!! That is great considering I haven't seriously trained. Also it sucks to run at such a high altitude. Although, this time I pushed myself and ran 3 laps straight (don't laugh I am a sprinter/jumper), I walked a lap, then ran the last two laps...This week is supposedly my last week teaching my beginners English morning class (we will see what happens for real). Then next week is Semana Santa/Easter Week/Spring Break. After spring break there are only 3 more weeks of school left at the TEC. At first time seemed to crawl. Then all of a sudden time flew by. Now I just have to finish the semester strong and make my mark!


***Oh SHOUT OUT to my Cooperative for Education family for having me prepare botiquins/first aid kits for the tours to Guatemala during my internship with them last fall. I was on the bus a few weeks ago and saw a first aid kit and I started laughing to myself. Despite the huge red cross on the white tin box, I knew exactly what botiquin meant and what the box should have in it! To this day I smile whenever I see one :D

No comments:

Post a Comment