Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reunited!...and Exhausted.

What a day!

2:45am - woke up to get ready for my 6am flight from CVG.

4:10am - arrived at CVG only to find out that the ticket agents and TSA people aren't even at the airport!

~6:20am - depart from CVG...finally.

11:00am (central time) - arrive in QRO. I meet my host family Blanca y Jorge. They are a cute, older couple that I already adore. They are 65 and have been hosting international students for 20 years.

1:30pm - Lunch...I was really hungry too!

4:00pm - The bus fiasco...So Blanca showed me how to ride the bus to ITESM Queretaro today. The fare is 6.50pesos and out of 20pesos the driver only gave me 7pesos back! I told Blanca that wasn't enough change. So later on during the bus ride she confronts him and he gives up MY change :D. From now on I will try to give exact change!

6:30pm - Reunion: Soon after we get back from visiting the school Alma arrives at the house! I was sooo excited to see her after over a year. She drove me around the neighborhood a little bit. She lives and works a few minutes away, her fiance lives near by as well, and she showed me Itziar's workplace. When we got back to the house Itziar was waiting inside for me! What a surprise! I knew I would see her, but not this soon. It was great catching up with both of them. They are both young professionals and are doing well. It is amazing that just a year ago they were my roommates in Washington, DC for The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars. I cannot wait to meet up with our other friends from Queretaro who were also in the program in DC.

8:00pm - small dinner.

9:30pm - trying to finish this entry and talking to my boyfriend on Skype then getting ready for bed. Tomorrow is the first and longest day of orientation at ITESM Qro.

No comments:

Post a Comment